Thursday, June 20, 2013

Finger Paints - Who’s Hue?



Summer is here now, time to change colors again. Since last color was blue, I decided to  try a shade I was given as a gift six months ago for Christmas. As a matter of fact, I still have to try on a couple more colors I was given as gifts. This time around, it is a color that looks very strange on the bottle. 


One of the things I like to enjoy about nail polish, is the fact that not all colors are exactly as they are shown on the bottle when you pick them. They all have a slight element of surprise.  Many factors come into play to achieve a desired result. When you look at the color shade inside a store under fluorescent lighting you perceive a certain color, but depending on the amount of coats you apply and different lighting conditions can give you another result. 

Sometimes other factors play into the element of surprise, like last week, when I applied a metallic purple from CHERIMOYA VERNIS CLASSIQUE. The moment I applied an ORLY top coat, the color changed from metallic purple, to a dark crimson. It actually looked very nice, better than the color I was expecting, but not nearly close to what the original color looked like. 
Anyway, todays post is for Finger Paints - Who’s Hue?. And let me tell you, the name of the color is spot on. 


This was really an unexpected pleasant surprise for me. At first, I really had not felt attracted to this color. Purple is one color that I like, but that for some reason, even though I love reds, blacks and blues, somehow, purple was not something I thought It would look good on me, but I never gave it chance either.
This, like almost all other shimmery colors, is a three coater. The color is a strange, purple, semi-metallic, with deep red and silver shimmery sparkle undertones. Kind of like red grapes.




It really lights up under the sun beautifully. Looks very nice on toes, and I just love it on my finger nails. Under fluorescent lighting conditions it looks like a real dark reddish purple. Like all dark colors, certain lighting conditions might make it look darker than it actually is. 



This one does not act funky or change color when you apply a top coat on, everything glides nicely. The applying brush could be better, I prefer thicker brushes than the one provided. Over all, I am very pleased with the end results. If I had to pick a purple shade again, this would probably be it. If I had to rate this, I would give it 4 out of five bottles. 




Happy polishing!

2 comments: