Sunday, February 16, 2014

OPI - "Inni Minni Mighty Bow" Niuton Chavez Felix

Hello Again! As promised, here is the second post for this month.




To celebrate February, the love and friendship month, I went back to red. This time with a little more sparkle. This is OPI’s “Inni Minni Mighty Bow”. I have been wearing this since my last post. 


By far reds have to be my favorite shade, I love reds because not only can you dress it up or dress it down, but it goes well with almost anything. You can wear red with brown earthly colors, you can wear red with white, blue, black, you name it, it is very versatile color. Red also has very much significance, it can project power, ambition, romance, I mean, I can go on and on about it. 

Of course there are different kinds of red shades and in nail polish, different kinds of finishes, but all in all, you can't go wrong with red. If you like reds or deep jewel tone colors like me, this is a must have for your collection. 

Just for fun and for the sake of Valentines, I picked this color which has a nice rich red base with a bright pink shimmer on it.
Depending on the light source hitting it, this shade will either seem kind of raspberry red or kind of candy apple red. It reminds me some of Sally Hansen’s “Unbreakable Heart” when it tends to look more candy apple. As with all OPI polishes I have tried, it goes on smooth and it is just right, not to thick or not too thin. It applies very well with two coats, but as always, I applied three coats on top of my base coat and primer, topped it off with Seche Vite for a long lasting two chip-less weeks of wear. I will end it on that note just to keep it shot and sweet.

11 comments:

  1. I agree red is a powerful color. I think for a guy, it really says I like it and I don't care what you think. I wear red on my nails on occasion, but more often on my toes. I am glad to see other guys wearing red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red polish is simply divine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't grow tired of looking at it. I rarely do a double wear, but this one color I can have on for a full month or even more.

      Delete
  3. I don't usually wear red, but recently I have fallen in love with Sinful Colors Ruby Glisten - I had it on last Christmas and could not stop staring at my nails. From the Minnie collection I got only Nothin' Mousie 'bout It - for my girlie days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Magda! Nothin' Mousie 'bout it is a very pretty pink, though not made for me, I am more into jewel toned colors, metallic shimmers and some dark creme colors. Thanks for posting and hope you drop by again soon!

      Delete
    2. I only bought it for the little hearts - I don't care for pink. :)

      Delete
  4. Just got this polish yesterday and its a new favorite. Like always great post, thanks for the info. Keep em coming man this is one of my favorite blogs.

    Julio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like blue nail polish on my toes, or a nice lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have over 220 colors. Mostly lights and darks of all colors except in the red family. I have yet to wear a bright red in public on my fingernails. I have darker reds that i have rarely worn either. More into blues or purples blacks greens pastels or even neons. But red i havent given them a fair shake. Guess i should try and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give the reds a try, I also started with dark more jewel tone cools but this summer I have been experimenting with brighter colors. Although not neon bright, I am delving into shades I would not even thing of trying a couple of years ago. I am doing the mint, baby blue, tiffany teal and such. I have to say I like them very much!

      Delete