Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OPI - At your Quebec Night & Call


Fall is here and I have been yearning for some olive greens and some browns to go with the season. I love camouflage pants, and I also like military themes. 


Not a weekend goes by where I am not wearing camo pants, when it’s fall, I wear them with sandals, when it’s winter I wear them with boots, either way, I love the tones of the olive green, brown and black that the green camo has, that way I can paint my nails black or brown shades, but my favorite color has to be olive green.  

I had been looking for an olive green for some time now but did not find any color that blew me away, until now. 
Doing some research for this, I stumbled upon OPI - At your Quebec Night & Call, I only have one word to describe this olive green, WOW! This is an old hard to find color, 2011 if I am not mistaken, luckily I found it on ebay. Since it’s a discontinued color, prices tend to go up sometimes if there is demand for it, and for what I can see, there is demand. Amazon had it as high as $20, I payed $6 for mine but average price was $13. 

This is an olive green base that has a golden shimmer to it.
When direct sunlight hit’s it, you can perceive it more as a metallic golden color with green shimmer, It never looses its olive green tone, but the golden undertones really make it shine outside. When under artificial lighting conditions, the color tends to look more olive not so much metallic but the golden shimmer evens the color. 
OPI - At your quebec night & call is a keeper. I have other polishes with dark green tones but this olive green is just fabulous. Application went on really smooth, three coats did it for me. If you apply it well, it does not even steak. Of course I did a base coat first and topped it of with Seche-Vite for durability and shine. OPI makes wonderful formulas, If I had to rate this polish, I would definitely give it 5 bottles. 

If you like olive greens, this should definitely be in your collection.

Happy Polishing!

6 comments:

  1. You lucked out getting it at that price! It is a great color and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Gustavo, I am really loving that color. If you are willing to splurge a bit, I think you would really enjoy two fall shades by Chanel. 1) 591 ALCHIMIE (thats how they spell it LOL) which has an awesome hidden shimmer 2) 601 MYSTERIOUS which is a more flat camouflage inspired color which is perfect for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Many, I have splurged before, I have 3 Chanel colors, Bel Argus, Taboo and Malice. Y was looking at Alchemie from Chanel, but I compared it to OPI's At my Quebec Night & Call and hostly, I did not see that much of a difference to justify the cost. Besides, I got OPI at a bargain! Chanel makes some great colors, but sometimes they are just recycled shades from other companies, and I think this was one of them. Chanel's MYSTERIOUS is not that appealing to me, it is a bit flat, I like polish to reflect light and that one does not do it for me. Peridot from Chanel for example, is pretty creative and unique, but since it is from an old collection, Finger Paints already has something similar on the market called Bombshell. Also for fall, I can recommend Finger Paints "Maple Syrup" if you can find it, which is a coppery brown color.

      Delete
  3. I know Jim, isn't that great! Theres this awesome feeling when you get the opportunity to buy something you are looking for at a great bargain price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gustavo! I'm wondering if you would consider taking pictures in exchange for free nail polish? I'm launching a line of polish marketed towards dudes, and I need some nice looking guy nails for models. If so, email me, erin@blacksheeplacquer.com and we'll chat.

    If you know anyone else interested in this offer please have them email me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete