Sunday, July 27, 2014

Morgan Taylor Nail Polish

Over the last few weeks I have been trying on a new brand of nail polish brand named Morgan Taylor.




They are a new company as far as I know. Have not heard of them before until now. They market as professional grade nail polish. For what I understand, the professional meaning is that they have secure and reliable brushes as well as trending colors. 


They seem different, from the bottle to the brush. As nail polishers know, we are always looking for more variety. There can never be so much colors. We always want more, we always want  something different. 

I tried three of the newest colors they have. “Going Native”, “Varsity Jacket Blues” and “Stop, Shop & Roll”, the last one being my favorite.

Polish consistency is pretty good, the brush seems pretty good also. For being marketed as professional grade, they seem to fit the bill nicely.

I tried them all with three coats. Of course every time before I applied the polish, I buffed the nail bed, applied primer and base coat. After three coats I topped it of with Seche Vite top coat. I just love the shiny finish.

I just loved how “Varsity Jacket Blues” stood out. It seemed electric. Not quite neon, but bright enough to get your attention. Love it on my toes. Never got tired of it. It has just the right amount of brightness for me, not to distracting, but enough to enjoy it and know it is there.

“Going Native” is a sea green color. It was nice, the kind that you can wear with black, brown or green clothing. But not something I would go out of the way to get though. It applied very well and even seemed like gel polish. No streaks  or lines left from the brush. I am not knocking it, but I would not repeat it.


Now when I tried “Stop, Shop & Roll” I had the most compliments I have had with any nail polish I have worn to date. 
Depending on the light source It is a green june bug or jewel rhinoceros beetle color. It also looks like a peacock feather green/blue. 



I have to say it is AMAZING. The closest comparison I have to this color attention getting wise is CHANEL “Peridot” of Missha HGR01, but still, to me, Morgan Taylor’s is even more stunning. This is definitely a keeper for me, if you like bright pearl greens you will love it. 

With summer in full swing now, I have been experimenting with lighter colors. I am leaning toward light blues, light greens, and even some bright blues, though not as bright as neon, but still brighter that I am used to. 


I have to say, the feeling I get wearing these colors is  EMPOWERING. I really don’t know why, but that is the way it makes me feel. So go ahead, wear some nail polish and experience the power. Happy Polishing!

11 comments:

  1. Stop, Shop and Roll is amazing! You swatches are always so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psssssssst! You mean "Peridot"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thanks for the heads up Magda! I just corrected it. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I am a 16 year old male and I love to paint my nails. My parents don't want me to. Any thoughts or tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there:
      First of all, you need to calmly and respectfully talk to your parents about it and question them as to why they don’t want you to paint your nails. They will have to come up with a pretty convincing, logical and unbiased answer which odds are, they will not. Check out some of the posts on this blog so you can have solid arguments to answer with. As a parent, I tell my children that as long as their actions do not hurt anyone or themselves there will be no problem. Come back later, I will post something more elaborate to address your question. In the meantime Check out these older posts.
      http://men-can-wear-nail-polish.blogspot.com/2014/06/deprogram-your-mind-and-empower-yourself.htm
      http://men-can-wear-nail-polish.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-is-identity-of-man-who-wears-nail.html


      http://men-can-wear-nail-polish.blogspot.com/2013/01/nail-polish-and-color-has-no-gender.html

      Delete
    2. Is there any color in particular I should start wearing openly in public?

      Delete
    3. No color in particular. What ever you feel like. You are not here in this world to please others and you should not try to live your life around what others think. You can wear whatever color you feel like. Wearing Nail Polish is just like a tattoo, just not permanent. I pick colors based on my mood and/or the weather. If you look at the older posts, I have worn almost all the color shades except neons, and that is just because I don't like neons, But I have worn bright colors, from bright blues, to bright reds to holographic polishes. Here is a good tip for you, DON'T WEAR NAIL POLISH WITH FEAR, WEAR IT WITH EMPOWERMENT. You have the power to do with your nails whatever you feel like. That is something nobody can take away from you because it is called FREE EXPRESSION. You have the right to be free and express feely how you feel as long as you hurt no one.

      Delete
    4. Do you ever go get a manicure/pedicure? Also do you shave your legs?

      Delete
    5. Also have you ever considered growing your nails out any longer?

      Delete
    6. I do get mani/pedi's from time to time, probably 4 times a year. It is one of the most satisfying experiences you can have, and yes, I groom my body hair. I dislike body hair, specially on my back and legs. As far as long nails, I have never grown them more that past the tips of my fingers, pretty much like you see on the pictures..

      Delete