Sunday, May 26, 2013

L.A. Colors - Blue Lagoon


Hello everybody!

Last time I did a red shade, so this time I will go to the other extreme going blue.
Summer Is almost here, but the sun is out, so in the spirit of it, I will start with this nice blue from L.A. Colors, it is called “Blue Lagoon”. Where do nail polish companies get the names I will never know, but this shade of blue is quite remarkable. 



I just love colors that shimmer, and this blue shimmers very bightly under the sun. I like to call it a pick me upper, because when you look at it when the sunlight hit is directly it makes you say Wow!, Nice!, Sweet!, It literaly brightens your day.



Unde ambient light without the sun hitting it directly, it tends to look a bit dark, which is ok, not so bright, if you like dark colors like blacks or dark browns or reds, you will love this blue.



When you look at under fourescent lighting, it tends to look exactly like the bottle, like when you see it at the store, so you are getting what you are seeing.



This formula is not as thin as some of the others I have worn, like China Glaze colors or Finger Paints. 
L.A. Colors “Blue Lagoon” can look quite nicely with two coats, but I always put 3 coats. I never skip on the primer or basecoat and I always top coat with either Orly Top Coat or Seche Vite. This time, the top coat was Orly.



If you like blues, this is a must have, it is bright outside yet not as shimmery inside. I think it would go very nicely with some silver for nail art. If I had to rate this, I would give it 4 out of 5 polish bottles, definetly a keeper for me.




Happy Polishing!

8 comments:

  1. I love polishes with shimmer or glitter. They are much more interesting. That is a nice blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment Jim!

      Delete
  2. Nice color, I'm about to apply a metallic "mirror" greenish/blueish from Kiko, we nail polish men wearers rule, keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice of you to leave a comment David! Thanks for stoping by. I will look into that brand/color, sounds interesting, I just love metallic/ahimmery finishes, can't seem to get enough of. Can you find the name or number on the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to wear nail polish in public 1st time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave this blog post a shout out on my website (http://alarenayboutique.storenvy.com/products/2054779-la-colors-blue-lagoon-color-craze-nail-polish). I want to support men wearing nail polish. Its def not just for ladies! Thanks Gustavo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stoping by and thanks for the shout! I agree, nail polish is definitely not just for girls.

    ReplyDelete