Monday, May 13, 2013

"Wine at the Gallery" by Finger Paints

Oh how I love reds. There is something about reds I can't seem to get enough of.  I feel empowered when I am wearing red. I have done some red swatches before. Last year I did a Sally Hansen red and this year back in February I wore Nina Ultra Pro's Burgundy. Since my last post was for holographic colors, I thought of mixing the holo type with my favorite color. This time around I picked up Finger Paints "Wine at the Gallery". Although it is not a holographic color, It sure stands out like if it were.

Back in December, I was awestruck by a swatch of Chanel's "Malice".  It really is a wonderful color, but a bit to hard for me to swallow spending $30 or more on a single bottle of nail polish,  I don't care if it's Chanel or Ives Saint Laurent, which have very nice colors too by the way, but we all have our limits, and the most I have spent on a bottle of nail polish is $12 when I splurge.

Anyway, I saw this bottle from "Finger Paints" and It looked very similar to that "Malice" I fell in love with from Chanel, so I decided to give it a try.

I just have to say WOW! This has to be to date, my favorite red. It shimmers under the sun with some yellow-gold tones that honestly, even though I did my best to capture it on a photograph, the images really don't do it justice.





Under ambient lighting, the color looks dark, kind of like the Nina Ultra Pro Burgundy I had back in February. But step outside under the sun and the color comes alive with sparkles that give it a special shimmery shine.



This is my left hand holding the steering wheel showing my thumb, see how the sun reflects from the thumb nail bed. My right foot toes and my left hand resting on my thigh also reflect the sun very nicely.


So If you liked that Chanel "Malice" color like me, and like me, you don't like to overspend, this is a nice substitute. I would not call it a "dupe" but it sure is a very nice alternative.







No comments:

Post a Comment