Tuesday, September 11, 2012

men that paint their nails it are “fruits-fruits”, as in their sexuality is of the gay persuasion


Men can wear nail polish if they are BOLD and have a fashion sense. It does not make them gay, transgender, cross-dressers or any other of those things. It also does not put men on a path to any of the before mentioned. Men now a days color their hair, wear piercings, wax their eye brows, wax their body, have manicures and pedicures, have facials done and wear make up, and I am not talking about eyeliner, i am talking about concealer to hide those dark circles under the eyes and lipgloss. I do not agree that doing any of those things makes you less manly, it certainly will make you less macho but not less manly. One thing is certain, NOT ALL MEN CAN WEAR ANY, ALL, OR SOME AT ONE GIVEN TIME AND LOOK GOOD. It is a matter of style, grooming and personality. As a man, you have to have a very secure and strong personality. It should also not be limited to weekends. Women dress up for the workplace also, and that includes nails, why should men not be able to? A man can have beautiful looking hands and also not loose his masculine look even if the fingernails are painted. Masculine looking hands are defined by various things, including and not limited to size, body hair, and nail length and form. If men wear nail polish on fingernails, the color they wear also defines how masculine of feminine the look is. Not all mens fingers look good with nail polish, it depends on the shape of the nails also. if they have extremely short nails due to bitting or extremely round nails, it does not look as good as well taken care of nails there are kind of square, and this applies to both men and women. So yes, men should polish their nails if they so desire, but not all men will pull it off in a style sense. Not all people will agree or like it even if it looks good, but who are they to tell you how to dress or style?

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! I m a 14 yr boy i love to paint my toe nails. i have never gone out in public with them but i really do hope to do so one day. What did u first do when you started to paint them? Who did you tell first? And do you like the normal "men" colors or are u more like me a person who loves to wear a bright pinks and reds?
    I love your blog keep up the good work!
    And if you could, would you answer those questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dillon, I am glad you stopped by and posted your comment. Thank you for that. What did I first do when I started, mmmmmmm, well, I just did it. If I am not mistaken, the first shade I applied on my toes was a dark blue, kind of cobalt blue. On my fingers I think it was a black. I like metallics, and since I have fair skin, I like colors that contrast more than colors than stand out. I prefer dark reds, blues, dark grey, some earthly colors like coppers and browns. I have worn light pinks at some point when I had french kind of nude color. To answer your question, NO, I DON'T LIKE NORMAL "MEN" COLORS, they are so limited! I want choice! When I first started doing it, I did not tell any one, I just did it. It is nothing to be ashamed of nor is nothing to be scared of. It is a form of self expression and it is like a hobby. Many people like collecting thinks, of building things as a hobby, I like to buy nail polish shades and wearing them. If you like bright colors, that is your choice and go for it!

      Delete
  2. I really want to wear it publicly,but I need to tell my parents but I dont know how to. Any advice? And im also a junior in high school, in idaho, so I feel like people might react badly. Again, any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jake, Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for posting your comment.

      Wearing nail polish is a self expression thing, and nobody, I mean nobody can stop you from expressing yourself freely the way you want to. You are not breaking any law of offending anyone. If anybody finds it offensive to look at your painted nails, they have the option of not looking at them.

      As men, we are taught to be strong, brave and fearless, yet when it comes to doing something like wearing nail polish to express ourselves, the braveness and fearlessness go out the window, doesn't that sound contradicting?.

      Read thru my blog and you will find almost all the arguments against men painting their nails are baseless and you will find my answers. That was the purpose for me starting this blog, to post almost all of the replies to the arguments against men wearing nail polish.

      Some people will react in a positive way, some in a not so positive way, and others will just ignore it. You are still young, but I can assure you this, you can not go thru life pleasing other people. My advice? Read all my blog so you have a clear understanding of the most common arguments, then I would start by telling mom, not because she is your mother but because she is a female and will understand it a bit more because nail polish is an emotionally driven form of self expression, and women have a different and better understanding when it comes to emotions.

      Dad will also need to know at some point, but you need to have a strong argument to win a discussion with him, and you also need a different approach. You need to have all the arguments at hand to defend your point. Our fears are all in our minds, fear is not real, we make it up ourselves, so just get it out of your mind and go for it. This will help you thru life also. If your parents oppose to it, it is just their fears not their common sense that makes them think like that, so once you get over your fear, when you get to tell them, help them get over their fears and let them know it’s not that big of a deal. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete